Blog•June 22, 2020
Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
This decadent Flourless chocolate cake recipe is perfect for any occasion. It’s a very simple cake that you can prepare with ease. Surprise your loved ones with this indulgent creation, and the whole family will surely love this, too! It is also perfect for chocoholics and the dessert lovers with gluten-intolerance.
1 Cup Semisweet or bittersweet Chocolate Chips (The best quality you can find)
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Room Tempera-ture
1/4 tsp of salt
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1-2 teaspoons expresso powder or instant coffee powder (optional)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder (the best quality cocoa powder you can find)
Confectioner’s Sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350’F.
- You will need a double boiler or a small heat-proof bowl that can sit on top of a sauce pan, a medium sized bowl, spatula, measuring cups and spoons, an 8” round pan greased and lined with parchment paper.
- In the heat-proof bowl, put the chocolate chips and butter together. Melt the chocolate and butter over the sauce pan with slow simmering water with water not touching the bottom of the bowl. Stir until smooth. Set Aside to the mixture cool slightly.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture in a slightly bigger bowl. Stir in the salt, sugar, espresso powder. Mix well. Add the eggs one at a time. Mix in the egg before adding the next one. Stir in the vanilla extract. In two ad-ditions, incorporate the cocoa pow-der until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture in the prepared baking pan. Bake the cake for 24 minutes. That’s it.. No more than 24 minutes! Take the pan out of the ov-en and allow to rest until it reaches room temperature.
- Once the cake has rested, you would want to wrap the cake in plastic wrap, transfer into the fridge and cool for another 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, take it out of the fridge, loosen the cake in the pan and flip the cake and serve it right side up in a serving plate.
- Before serving, dust lightly with con-fectioner’s sugar. Garnish with fresh berries and/or lightly sweetened whipped cream.